My New Favourite Fitness Tracker: The Fitbit Charge 3
31 Oct 2018
Did you know that Fitbit recently launched their brand-new Charge 3? This fitness tracker is nothing short of amazing. Here’s what I think about their latest innovation…
Fitbit’s new Charge 3 is fast-becoming known as one of the most advanced fitness trackers on the market, and I can see why. Their latest offering is so sleek, looks beautiful on the wrist and has some advanced smartwatch features, yet it’s still a functional fitness tracker you can rely on to record your steps and workouts. The bottom line? If you’re serious about fitness, this watch isn’t just a pretty face!
I’ve worn the Charge 3 day in and day out – to my rebounding classes, while running errands, going for walks, training clients, on shoots, you name it! And, it’s been so accurate at tracking every single step. What’s more, I don’t need to take it off at night, in the shower or at all! It has a permanent place on my wrist and allows me to check in with my health and keep track of my fitness goals.
For me, two standout points of the Charge 3 are:
It’s waterproof up to 50 metres
This is such a bonus for a busy working mom like me, because I can swim with my daughter, Bella and shower without having to take it off, and I don’t need to worry that when I sweat during a workout, it’s going to damage the watch. Also, mom-life means I’m constantly washing my hands and Bella’s hands too, as we often play with water and bake etc. In these instances, I can leave my Fitbit Charge 3 on and continue to track my steps.
There aren’t any pressable buttons on the sides that stick out
The Charge 3 has a full touch screen which makes it so much easier to navigate and use. I often wear wrist weights when I give a rebounding class, or when I do a home workout. And before, they would bump the buttons on the side of my fitness tracker and pause or reset the workout which was frustrating, to say the least. Now I can use a variety of fitness equipment without having to worry that my exercise session won’t be accurately recorded – another incredible feature of the Charge 3.
Note: There is one ‘hidden’ button on the side of the Charge 3 which you press if you need to reactivate the device and take it out of sleep mode.
Additional great features
• It’s lightweight and thinner than the Fitbit Charge 2 so sits closer to your wrist.
• It allows for 24/7 heart-rate monitoring.
• It includes a series of guided, ‘relax’ breathing exercises. (This is a great feature for busy people like me!)
• You can choose from a variety of different clock faces – with various notifications.
• I love the interchangeable straps! There’s plenty of strap choices (plus a sleek, rose gold finish)
• It has an improved battery life which now lasts for up to 7 days
• You can add and choose between 15 different exercise modalities such as cycling, yoga, running and weight training -so it pretty much covers every exercise and step you take.
I’m a huge fan of the Fitbit Charge 3 because it’s accurate, reliable and easy to use. And, when it comes to a fitness tracker that fits into my hectic schedule, it has to be all that and more!