Quick And Easy: Super Chocolate Mug Cake
12 Feb 2019
You won’t believe that this rich, decadent Chocolate Mug Cake is super healthy! It’s one of my favourite recipes from my latest Super Scoop recipe book, because it’s simple to make and hits the sweet spot. Plus, it’s packed with a powerhouse of nutrients thanks to the Super Scoop powder, which contains over 50 organic plant-based nutrients.
How great to have an indulgent treat that’s actually quite good for you…
Makes 1 large Chocolate Mug Cake – perfect for 2 people
- 1 scoop Very Vanilla or Very Berry Super Scoop
- 1 heaped Tbsp whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp cocoa
- ½ tsp stevia or 2-3 Tbsp coconut sugar or xylitol
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk, or milk of your choiceOptional toppings: coconut yoghurt, fresh or frozen berries, sliced banana or melted nut butter
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix together with a fork.
- Place the bowl in the centre of the microwave and bake for 2 minutes, stopping to check the texture every 30 to 45 seconds.
- Add the optional toppings if using them, and enjoy!