Sweet or savoury baby marrow bread
17 May 2019
In my opinion, there’s nothing better than homemade bread. This light baby marrow bread is one of my favourites from my Super Scoop Recipe Book.
This baby marrow bread is so delicious- sweet or savoury – take your pick! To make this loaf more savoury, skip the sweetener and vanilla essence and add in 2tsp dried herbs of your choice.
Your digestive system will thank you for all the gut-friendly ingredients and fibre in this baby marrow bread. It’s also ideal to give the kids for breakfast or mid-morning snack as it’s packed with baby marrow and oat flour.
A great recipe to make on a Sunday for the week ahead and it freezes well too!
Makes 1 regular loaf
- 2 scoops Very Vanilla Super Scoop
- 1 ¼ cups oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb
- 3 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp vanilla essence
- ¼ Tbsp honey or stevia powder
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup baby marrow, grated (about 3 medium baby marrows)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and spray a regular loaf tin with cooking spray.
- Add the superfoods, oat flour, baking powder, and bicarb to a bowl and mix together.
- Add the egg whites, vanilla essence, honey and water to a blender or food processor and mix until light and frothy.
- Squeeze the baby marrow to remove as much water as possible.
- Add to the egg whites and mix until all the baby marrow has been coated with the egg white mixture.
- Pour this into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Pop into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and allow the loaf to cool in the oven for a further 10 minutes. This will help to prevent the loaf from sinking after it leaves the oven.