Vegan Chocolate Mousse
12 Feb 2019
Yes to chocolate! I’ve always had a sweet tooth, and love just about anything with chocolate in it. However, I’m also passionate about health and wellness and I’m not a fan of the processed, sugary chocolates and sweets you find on shelf. They’re packed with all the bad stuff and none of the good stuff, which is what led me to experiment in the kitchen and come up with a variety of healthy chocolate treats that are just as healthy as they are decadent.
This vegan chocolate mousse recipe is one of my favourites because it’s so light and smooth – and satisfies any sweet tooth. Plus, it’s a powerhouse of nutrients as it contains Super Scoop (my latest organic plant-based drink mix that’s packed with over 50 plant-based ingredients), as well as avocado, honey or agave and cocoa.
Give my vegan chocolate mousse recipe a try. You won’t be sorry!
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 1 scoop Very Vanilla Super Scoop
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ¼ cup maple syrup, honey or agave
- 1 Tbsp vanilla essence
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk, or milk of choice
- Pinch xanthan or guar gum (optional)
- Add the avocado to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the xanthan or guar gum) and blend for 30 to 45 seconds.
- If adding the optional xanthan or guar gum, add this once all the other ingredients have been blended together.
- Spoon into a bowl or serving dish and leave to set in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.