Why My T-Bar Is Going To Be The Best Part Of Your Workout
25 Feb 2019
I think we all know by now how passionate I am about rebounding, and now I’m introducing a new member to the family – the first T-bar in South Africa! If you haven’t yet heard about the many benefits of rebounding, here’s a quick recap:
Why I love rebounding
Rebounding boasts more health and fitness benefits than many other traditional forms of exercise, which is why it’s fast become my favourite fitness modality.
In fact, when it comes to improving core strength, building stability, busting cellulite (oh yes), and boosting the metabolism, rebounding wins hands down! Plus, it speeds up weight loss, improves muscle tone and burns more calories than most regular forms of cardio. And perhaps one of the biggest benefits is that it’s fun, and you can’t help but smile and let go of stress when you bounce.
It’s also a brilliant form of exercise for busy people on the go because:
- It’s time efficient. Did you know that just 10 minutes on a rebounder is equivalent (in effort and calories burned) to 30 minutes of consistent jogging?
- It’s convenient. You can bounce at home, whenever you want and for however long you want. I often bounce in my pj’s for 10 minutes first thing in the morning, or just before bed. (I do, however always make sure I wear a good sports bra). It gives me energy for the day ahead but also helps me to relax at night.
- It’s cost-effective. The good news is, even if you only ever just use a rebounder, it’s enough to give you a good workout and help you build up a sweat. This makes it one of the most cost-effective exercises you can do, as you don’t need additional equipment. However, rebounding is also versatile because you can add in a resistance band, ankle weights, dumbbells, a Pilates ball or a resistance bar to enhance your workout and make it even more fun. Even after setting yourself up with the starter kit, you’ll still spend less than you would on a gym contract.
Rebounding has transformed my body, particularly after the birth of my little girl, Bella, a few years ago. It has knitted my core tightly back together, helped me sculpt a body shape I love, improved my posture, energy and cardio fitness, and eliminated those little ‘body aches’ we all seem to have. Here is the full range of benefits of rebounding, if you’d like to know more.
Amplifying your workout
I reached a point where I was ready to take things to the next level (literally, it turns out) and that’s where my latest obsession – the T-bar, comes in. I’m very proud about this piece of equipment, because I spent months researching the best possible way to manufacture it, to ensure you’re getting the most versatile, high quality product on the market. The LR T-bar is the FIRST of its kind in SA, and it lets you:
- Jump higher
- Move faster
- Have more space to get creative (This might mean higher kicks, knee-highs, frog-jumps or squats)
- Be completely supported while you jump (as it assists you with balance, coordination and stability).
I’ve designed the T-bar to work for amateurs and experts alike. Why? Because it offers additional support whether you need it for balance and stability, or for more advanced moves.
The bonus of the T-bar
The T-bar is a stand-alone product that can accompany any rebounder. The sturdy steel frame has hooks for you to attach your resistance band in different spots, and the plastic base comes empty, but can be used as an anchor by simply adding sand or water. Convenient, huh? That means you can disassemble it and travel with it, without it weighing you down.
If you’re like me, and love pretty exercise equipment, I’ve given you the option to choose from six different designs: Go Go Grape, Classic Jane (this matches the LR rebounder), Aquamarine Queen, Charcoal Chic or Candy Floss Boss
Which colour is your favourite? Is the T-bar something you’d consider adding to your rebounding workout? Tell me what you think!
You can reach me on all my social media platforms:
Or email me at Lisa@Lisaraleigh.co.za.